Phone: (602) 971-5080
Bob was born and raised in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, and is a third generation Arizonan. Bob earned his undergraduate degree in Accounting from Arizona State University in 1979 and earned a Masters of Business Administration from ASU in 1983. Bob quickly rose to tax manager at Acosta, Cordova, and Pittman, a large Phoenix-based CPA firm, prior to founding RC Acosta & Associates in 1986.
Bob’s practice is primarily focused on sophisticated tax and retirement planning for businesses and high net worth individuals. Bob also has extensive experience successfully battling the Internal Revenue Service. Bob’s many talents include maximizing tax savings strategies and solving complex problems with innovative thinking.
Among his many accomplishments, during the real estate boom in the Valley Bob successfully designed, structured, and (later) defended several very large ESOP retirement plans created by some of Arizona’s most successful homebuilders. The ESOPs generated multi‐million dollar tax savings for the homebuilders, and, more importantly, withstood several tremendously motivated IRS agents.
Bob and his wife Chris have been married 28 years and reside in Scottsdale.
- Arizona State University, Masters of Business Administration
- Arizona State University, B.S. Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant, Arizona
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Works with the Board of Directors of the Arizona School Risk Retention Trust, Inc., Arizona School Alliance for Workers’ Compensation, Inc., Inc., and the School Construction Insurance Pool, Inc.
- Dedicated member of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Posse